vendredi 6 novembre 2009

AYLER


who was albert ayler?

good question mule, really, im glad you asked.

when i was living in new orleans, in 2006>2007, if i wasn't slaving on the line, drunk, or hiding from my (ex)girlfriend, i was listening to WWOZ. I guess one of the best things about WWOZ was that you could always just call up and be like yo man! what track was that. and you would get responses like : aw man! thats ballzack! straight off tha westbank! or that was my man skerik!
at nights there was (and probably still is) a show called the kitchen sink. one night i heard some crazy carnival style free jazz, well actually, i had heard this track played by the new orleans klezmer allstars a few weeks before, and while cruising around i heard the track on WWOZ! I called up, and the guy told me It's Albert Ayler! to which i replied I love this song! and he countered Everybody needs a little Albert Ayler in their life. truer words never spoken.

so here's a track from the album i heard, this track Truth Is Marching In, comes from his Live at Slug's Saloon album.

Albert Ayler - Truth is Marching In


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire